Sunday, June 24, 2012

More paint, more Pinochle

"June 3, 1992:  Mrs. Spahr and her sister-in-law sanded front of house and above porch -- had some complicated scaffolding.  Painted primer coat.
June 4, 1992:  The two gals put on second coats above porch and above windows.  I painted screens morning and afternoon.
June 5, 1992:  Omar Spahr finished front of house --painted screen door, too.  Pinochle Club at Elsie J.'s.  Some rain in evening."

I see Grandma had grown weary of reporting on the number of screens or else she painted too many to count.

I had more typed for this post and then my internet went out and I couldn't save my changes.  That was, gosh, at least an hour ago and now I can't remember what I had added here.  Time to go buy some ginko bilobo, or whatever that stuff is.

Since Grussmother helped design the house, I thought I'd put her picture here.  She is on the left and that is her sister Martha with her.  Her input was interior and didn't affect what was being painted in 1992, but she deserves a shout out anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment