Wednesday, June 6, 2012

April Fools' Day

"March 30, 1992:  Quilted at church.
March 31, 1992:  Finished the quilt at church by 2:00.  Lois K., Bertha and Arlene P. came and helped me quilt for the rest of the afternoon. 
April 1, 1992:  Howard didn't fool me today."

Boy would I like to know if Grandpa tried anything on April Fools' Day and what it was. 

March 31 is confusing to me.  I am sure it makes sense if you know what went on but I am not getting how you finish and then keep going for the rest of the afternoon.  I love that Grandma noted what time the quilting was done.

I probably would have saved the photos from yesterday and used them today if I had read ahead.  They seem to fit today's post better.  But instead I have this priceless photo from 1972.  Other than wondering who took it, I have no comment.  Well, okay . . . I am totally liking Dale's cuffed shorts and red(?) socks.

1 comment:

  1. You can bet that Daddy tried to fool Mom on April Fools' Day. You came to expect that after a while - but I know I bit more than once. As for the quilting I think they finished one at the church and then went to work on one of Mom's at her house.
    Don't ever remember seeing this picture.

    ReplyDelete