Friday, June 29, 2012

Shoes and peas and no more paint


"June 18, 1992:  Got a permanent.  Omar worked on west side.  Howard got a new pair of Wolverine shoes from Oberle's.  $48.50 + $2.43 tax = $50.93.
June 19, 1992:  The painting was finished today.
June 20, 1992:  Rick, Mary, Mitch and Dane here in late afternoon.  Mary picked peas."

Well, I don't recall going up so soon after the painting was done, but I imagine we stood and admired it and ooooed and aaaaahed appropriately.  I also don't remember bringing up Dane without Kyleah.  I believe I have blocked out picking peas.  Love peas, love to pop pods, do not relish picking them.  If the vines and leaves were a different color from the peas themselves it would help a lot, but apparently God enjoys watching us struggle with peas.  But the reward is well worth it.

Since Grandma mentioned her and Grandpa's anniversary a few posts ago, I thought I would add these very funny photos.  I don't know that they were taken in succession and I never saw Grandpa scowl so at something Grandma said or did (unless he was teasing), but the two pics look great one after the other.  It appears as though Grandma was hollering for someone or something and then she is satisfied while Grandpa looks disgusted.  Funny stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment