Monday, June 18, 2012

A start to the house painting


"May 16, 1992:  Had a good rain last night -- over an inch.  Lester took me to Wayne and I bought the rest of the paint for the house.
May 18, 1992:  Went to Wakefield with Lila -- bought flower plants, etc.  Mrs. Spahr came today and started sanding on the east side of the house.
May 19, 1992:  East side all sanded today."\\

Not sure of the spelling of the painter's name but I know Grandma and Grandpa were very pleased with her work.  There are photos somewhere of her up on scaffolding.  The front of the house, I think, but am not sure.

Looks like the one column in this picture needed some paint, too.  Anyone know what happened to the sign on the house there?  I am guessing it said "The Iversens".  I like this photo -- Dale and I are sharing a giggle.  Mom, uncharacteristically, looks a little impatient.  Her fist is even balling up a bit.  Subconsciously, I'm sure.





1 comment:

  1. I don't remember the sign on the house but agree that it probably said "The Iversens". I am glad the the columns have been kept and are at Tom's house. We can thank Merilyn for that. Love the picture also.

    ReplyDelete