Thursday, June 21, 2012

More painting and saving the garden

"May 26, 1992:  South side of front porch sanded.  A light frost.  Greta covered the tomato plants, etc. with towels.
May 27, 1992:  Primer coat put on porch.
May 28, 1992:  Final coat on south porch and sanded on north side of house.  I painted three screens."

Two things I love about these entries.  One, that Grandma made a mention of Mom covering plants with towels.  Not sheets, but towels.  Would have worked to just say she covered them, period.  Nope.  Towels.  Two, that Grandma painted three screens.  Not, "I painted some screens", or "a few screens", but three.  Very Grandma-ish.

And for no particular reason, here's a photo of Grandma (in the middle) with friends, maybe?  I do not know who the other two are.  I like their shoes and shiny hose.  Also, Grandma's face looks very much like the one I see in the mirror, or did when I was younger anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment