Tuesday, June 19, 2012

More progress

"May 20, 1992:  Primer coat put on.  I painted three screens.
May 31, 1992:  Foggy and damp -- no painting.
May 22, 1992:  Still cloudy and trying to rain. Pinochle Club at Laura J.'s."

I can completely relate so I am going to throw in some foreshadowing here -- a fair amount of detail coming in the days ahead about the painting.  I can relate because fresh paint is a glorious thing and I can appreciate Grandma's excitement about having the house painted.  I do not remember how badly the house needed it, but fresh paint can make an ugly pig look good.  Well, maybe that's a bad example but paint does wonders for structures anyway.

Here's a photo of Nancy and me, both excited about the prospects of fresh paint being applied somewhere in the world at that very moment.  Geesh, looking more closely at that, I can rather see who Mitch got his shapely baby legs from.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I have ever seen this picture before. You can tell we already had a bond with each other. We were probably planning our next vacation. Can't figure out whose car you are standing on or where the picture was taken.

    ReplyDelete