Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Who now?


April 28, 1931 - We had another walk in Nature Study this morning. I ate at the café this noon with Tillie.  Aunt Mildred and Uncle Chris went to the Hard-Time dance tonite. Aunt Mary and Uncle Charlie went down a while, too.  Studied and read awhile and then went to bed.  I saw two Kentucky cardinals this morning.
April 29, 1931 - We had some vocal numbers in chapel this morning.  Ate at the café with Tillie.  Frances took me home as far as the court house.  I went in to see Miss Sewell about schools but she didn't give me a bit of encouragement.
April 30, 1931 - Helen Hanson gave me a lift home today.  I went up to the College tonite to the recital given by Miriam Bracken and Marie Carstensen. I enjoyed it a great deal.

I really, really need to sketch out a map.  But, this, I have.  Aunt Mary and Uncle Charlie, I discovered all by my lonesome, are Kiersten's daughter and her husband, Charles Reese or maybe Riese.  They are people I do not recall Grandma talking about, but perhaps Mom and Nancy do.

I do wish Miss Sewell had been encouraging.

That's all I have, but it's something at least after my somewhat long absence.  I will endeavor to do better.

The photo is Uncle Charlie and Aunt Mary with their daughter Pearl.  Even though Grandma calls them uncle and aunt, by my reckoning, Mary was a first cousin of William Andersen.

2 comments:

  1. I remember Aunt Mary and Uncle Charlie. Remember going to see them in Wayne. They had a number of canaries. But I didn't know she was Grandma Petersen's (Kiersten) daughter.
    Miss Sewell was the County Superintendent of Schools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Mrs Porter as a Supt of Schools. We were very scared when she would come to observe.

    ReplyDelete