Thursday, November 14, 2013

It makes sense

 

May 19, 1931 - I fell awfully punk today.  Barbara took me home.  I'm sure glad my girl friends have cars.  It's save me many a long walk.
May 20, 1931 - Well, today is the last time for chapel this school year.  Our Algebra test wasn't so bad.  Francis brought me home this afternoon.  Aunt Mary, Uncle Charlie, Pearl and Wallace went to Norfolk this afternoon.
May 21, 1931 - I worked late at the Library this afternoon.  Opal Wingett and I walked down town together.  I got a green water pitcher set at Ahern's for Martha.  Stayed up until 11:30 tonite working on my Nature Study notebook.

So many secrets . . . I didn't know Grandma worked at the library, but how appropriate that is.

The photo makes me smile, even though -- obviously, I have no idea what was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment