Saturday, November 23, 2013

Uncle Who?

 


June 18, 1931 - My hip didn't bother me so much today.  Mopped the whole house today.  Early to bed this evening.
June 19, 1931 - Washed clothes today.  I went to Uncle Harry's birthday tonite with Hans and Edwin.  Stopped and got F.S. and R.K.  Clara, Alice, Bernie, Darlene, F.S. and I played "Jacks".  It looked as if it would rain tonite but it didn't.
June 20, 1931 - Cleaned up the house and ironed.  It rained this afternoon but cleared up at supper time.  R.K., F.S., E. and H.B. and I to Carroll tonite.  Florence and I visited Mrs. Smith and Ed Schraeder's.  I stayed at the farm with Florence tonite.

Does anyone know who Uncle Harry would be? 

I've tried twice now to come up with more to write, but I'm stymied.  A photo was difficult enough.  I am sure I've used the photo before, but I do not remember if I knew it was from 1930; probably a high school graduation photo?  I love the dress and wonder what color it was.

2 comments:

  1. I have absolutely no clue who Uncle Harry was. Don't ever recall hearing that name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that name either. I don't know why but I think that dress was yellow.

    ReplyDelete