Monday, November 25, 2013

More than the eventual four

 

June 24, 1931 - I sewed doll dresses for Viola today.  Verne was here awhile and he took me up to Uncle Hans' for about an hour.  Mr. and Mrs. Baker and Viola went to Wayne this afternoon.  Linn's were here this evening and we had ice cream.
June 25, 1931 - Meta stopped here awhile this morning.  She was on her way to Carroll and her car wouldn't work.  Mrs. Baker's sister and family were over this evening.
June 26, 1931 - Oh!  It was hot today!  Mr. and Mrs. Baker and Mr. and Mrs. Dave Thomas went to Norfolk tonite.  I took care of six kids.  Ray and Ralph were up a little while.

I wonder if the six kids scared young Messrs. Andersen and Kahler away.

Also, I did not know that we were friends with the Wendy's guy and his family.  (Tee hee)  The main things I remember about Dave Thomas (the famous one) were that he seemed like a genuinely nice guy and that, being adopted, he was a big supporter of adoption.  Since our family was so wonderfully impacted by two adoptions, I would have to say I agree with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment