Sunday, November 24, 2013

A life saver!

June 21, 1391 - It rained this morning but cleared up about 9:30.  Ed, Al, Lennis, Dallas and Mr. and Mrs. Schellenberg went to Wausau.  R.K., E.B. and H.B. were here for dinner.  We took pictures and played ball this afternoon.  I was at home a few minutes while R.K. did chores.  I was home in bed by 10 o'clock, before Baker's came home.
June 22, 1931 - I washed out some of my clothes this morning.  Sewed a doll's romper for Viola.  Over to Linn's tonite a few minutes with the family.
June 23, 1931 - Linn kids over awhile today.  I saved three lives today (chickens, they fell in the slop pail).

HA!  I love the chicken life-saving episode, mentioned so calmly like Grandma hadn't done a very great thing, says the Great Bird Fanatic (me).

If you will recall, I mentioned the opening of the Empire State Building a little while back.  I recently stumbled across this mind-numbing (for me anyway) photograph from that day.  Only look if you are not faint of heart.  Yikes!!


1 comment:

  1. I don't remember Mom ever talking about playing ball. Do you suppose it was softball or what. Having trouble seeing this in my mind. So many secrets we are learning.

    ReplyDelete