Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Two movies in three days


June 6, 1931 - We cleaned up the house and I monkeyed around until 6 o'clock when Ray came after me and took me out to Annie and Ola's.  I went to the show with Lewis and Florence.  We saw George O'Brien in "The Sea Beneath."  I stayed at Ola's with Florence tonite.
June 7, 1931 - R.K. came out here at about 11:30.  We all went down to Minnie and Earl's for dinner.  The men played horseshoes and boxed.  Florence and I tried to take a nap.  Florence, Lewis, Ralph and I went to see Buster Keaton in "Parlor, Bedroom, and Bath."  It was awfully silly.
June 8, 1931 - I was tired today and didn't get much work accomplished.  I wrote letters to Jane and Mrs. Smith tonite.

I hate to correct Grandma here, but the one movie was Seas Beneath.  But no matter.  And no movie poster to use.

The other movie is a different story.  I have a synopsis and a poster, which interestingly, is Swedish.

Reginald Denny plays the role of Jeffrey Haywood, who wants to get married to Virginia Embrey (Sally Eilers). However, Virginia refused to marry unless her older sister, the hard-to-please Angelica (Dorothy Christy) gets married first. Angelica, in turn, finds every man she knows too dull and predictable, and for this reason prefers to stay single. Jeff then tries to make Angelica interested in the mild-mannered and timid Reggie Irving (played by Keaton) passing him off as a notorious playboy to intrigue her. He asks his friend Polly to teach Reggie "how to treat a woman right", but he turns out to be a disastrous learner.

The information I found also says the movie was filmed in Buster Keaton's house and that it is now in the public domain and can be downloaded for free.  I may have to take a look just for giggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment