Friday, November 22, 2013

How many?

 

June 15, 1931 - The first day didn't go so bad.  Mrs. Baker is working in the field and they needed a cook.  There are three children, Delmar and Viola.  I wrote some letters this afternoon and went to bed early tonite.  My hip has bothered me today.  I think it's from that ride in the trunk yesterday.
June 16, 1931 - Mr. Linn and Harold Linn were here for supper.  I went with Mrs. Baker and the kids to Linn's to have corn ground for chickens.
June 17, 1931 - Mr. Linn was here for supper.  R.K. came tonite.  Went to Hoskins to Oliver Stamm's chivari dance.  Aunt Mildred, Uncle Chris and Mr. and Mrs. Dennis were there.  Aunt Mildred has been in Albion since Saturday.  Took Matt Holt and Ester Schultz home after the dance.  I didn't dance much because my hip hurt me too much.

The options here are that Grandma wrote three instead of two, she forgot to list one of the kids' names, she didn't know one of the kids' names, or they didn't name the third kid yet.

See, I said the trunk was not a typo. 

Here's a photo of 1931 fashion, since I skipped it previously for the dress clip photo.  Note the finger-waved hair in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment