Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Who and who knew?

 

June 9, 1931 - I finished washing down the walls and woodwork in the kitchen.  I washed and ironed my blue polka dot and black georgette dresses.  Florence and Lennis were up here a few minutes this evening.
June 10, 1931 - We went out to Annie's tonite right after supper.  Ralph came out and I went back to town with him.  We saw Florence and Edwin and talked to them awhile.
June 11, 1931 - We washed today.  Nick Kahler's were here this afternoon and for supper.  We went to the party dance at Hoskins.  Ray and Florence Frink went along.  We all had a real good time.

Does anyone know of a person named Lennis?  I looked and looked at Grandma's handwriting and that is what it looks like.  I also have not heard mention of Nick Kahler.  Not that I remember anyway.

And it is just me, or does Uncle Ray seem to have a lot of dates, but no one steady girl? 

I was looking for a dress from the 30's to use for a photo and I ran across this photo of a dress clip (from the 30's).  I have one or more in my possession and I never knew what they were.  It looks like they were used as decoration at the bottom of a V-neck or in pairs, one on each side of a neckline.  Who knew?

1 comment:

  1. Lennis would be Lennis Schellenberg. Florence Brogren would have been her aunt. Dallas Schellenberg was her brother.

    ReplyDelete