Friday, November 29, 2013

Lucky Lindy

 

July 6, 1931 - I felt pretty tired today.  Took a nap this afternoon and went to bed early.
July 7, 1931 - We picked and canned cherries today.  Tonite to Ralph Ruschman's birthday party with R.K.  Loretta was there.  It is the first time I have seen her or talked to her since school was out.
July 8, 1931 - We picked and canned more cherries today.  R.K. came up tonite and we went to Marie and Clifford's for their wedding anniversary.  We played "pig" and "Lindy".

I looked for, but did not find, any information on a game called "Lindy".  I did, however, discover there is an unincorporated village in Nebraska within the Santee Sioux Reservation with that name.  The current population is 13.  It has a restaurant and bar, a church, and a fire hall.  As you might expect, the town was named after Charles Lindbergh. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember Mom saying she really didn't like picking and canning cherries.

    ReplyDelete