Sunday, November 17, 2013

I have no idea what happened


May 31, 1931 - The folks went to Osmond today.  We came into town this afternoon with Ed's.  Florence had their car, we picked up Bill F., Edwin and Ralph.  We drove around, took pictures, and watched the ball game awhile.  I had supper at Florence's.  After supper we walked up home.  The boys came up here and we went up to Uncle Hans' for the pictures Martha had finished for us.
June 1, 1931 - The whole family is tired.  We cleaned the cupboard in the dining room, took the base burner down and cleaned Grussmother's closet.  I got the pictures today that Mother took of Ray in cap and gown, those we took at Emerson and those Barbara, Jane and I took.  I wrote to Jane and Aunt Mildred.  Tonite Florence and I took a long walk east to where Art's used to live, south, west past Brune's into town.
June 2, 1931 - We washed today and I got my arms sunburned real good.  Tillie Eckert brought up a stocking for me to fix.  Ray and I went out to Annie's.  Florence Frink is there and we made plans for this Saturday and Sunday.

Some how I got May 28 - 30 out of order and only discovered it as I was typing the same stuff over again just now.  Boy it sounded familiar, but I wasn't sure if it was because I read ahead sometimes.  Then I got to the Abraham Lincoln movie and knew I goofed up.  I surely entertain myself sometimes.  Back on track for now.

Grandma sure took a lot of pictures, some of which have gone by the by.  I do not recall seeing any of Uncle Ray in cap and gown.  Given how many times photos of friends were taken, I know for sure some of those are definitely gone.  It would be fun, though, to know if photos I do have were taken at the times and places Grandma mentions.

Something just occurred to me.  Grandma Anna, Grandma and Uncle Ray did not seem to go to church during this time.  I would think Grandma would mention it occasionally if they did.  I guess I assumed Grandma always went to church, whether at this point it was her idea or not.

I know I've used it before, but I still love this photo.  It was taken in 1938, so it's in the same decade, at least, of where we are right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment