Wednesday, November 6, 2013

They're back!


May 1, 1931 - Went home to Aunt Mary's for dinner today.  We had sauerkraut and dumplings.  Francis took me home this noon and Uncle Charlie took me back.  Barbara brought me home this afternoon.  We stopped down town and I got my suit.  We saw Ishmael Hughes.  The kids came up tonite and we went to the show, Wheeler and Woolsey in "Cracked Nuts."  And was it funny!  I got a letter from Mrs. Smith today and she thinks she has a place in view for me this summer.
May 2, 1931 - We cleaned up the house this morning.  Ray and Mother went to Norfolk tonite with Annie and Ola.  Ray went to the Junior-Senior Banquet at Hotel Norfolk.  After the banquet they all went to the show.  Ralph and I went to the dance at Hoskins.  We had a pretty good time.
May 3, 1931 - We went to church this morning.  Ralph was here for dinner and went home right after dinner.  We went up to Uncle Hans' with Annie and Ola.  Florence Schellenberg was up there a while, too.  Mother and Ray took me back to Wayne tonite.

I couldn't find a summary of the movie plot, but it is something akin to The Marx Brothers' "Duck Soup", a classic that I have not yet seen.  The one guy looks a lot like George Burns on the poster.

Other than the movie, we have some pretty normal stuff going on.  I will say, however, that there is some real silliness coming a few posts in to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment