Saturday, November 9, 2013

A normal few days


May 7, 1931 - The weather has improved, a lot warmer today.  Francis took me home this afternoon and then downtown.  I got some new slippers in at Ahern's.  I'm not sure if I'm going to like them or not.  We had 5 o'clock supper at Aunt Mildred's tonite.  Mrs. Trumbar was there, too.  Momma called up after supper.  She said Ray wouldn't be after me tomorrow.  The kids went on their Sneak Day today.
May 8, 1931 - I left my books in Lila's locker until Monday, because I didn't want to carry them home in the rain.  Barbara took me home.  Jane wasn't in school this afternoon.  She's got a bad cold.  I went to Winside with Mrs. Lewis, Tillie and Wilma this afternoon.  The roads weren't very slippery.  Momma and I went to bed at 7:30 this evening.
May 9, 1931 - We're having a slow drizzily rain all day.  I started covering my box today.  This afternoon I baked a cake and made some doughnuts.  Ray and Annie went to Wayne this afternoon.  Mr. and Mrs. Schellenberg, Dora and George came up this evening.  Florence, Ralph and I went up to Brogren's.  They were surprised to see us.  We played "Pig" and "I Doubt It".  Lots of fun.  I got to bed about 1:30.  Roads were pretty bad but we got there and back.

 I can't seem to think of commentary to add here, so I won't add any. 

I am not sure of anyone other than Grandma in the photos but I am guessing they are from her college days.  Regardless, I thought I would post them.  I really like the collar and cuffs on Grandma's coat.  Very stylish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment