Saturday, September 1, 2012

Apricot trees

April 29, 1993:  Started quilting Kyleah's quilt that Greta made.  One day this last week Anita and her husband Paul stopped to visit.  They've been married four months or so.
April 30, 1993:  Back to clouds and rain after two days of sunshine.  Pinochle club at Leona's.
May 1, 1993:  Nancy and Dane came in a.m.  Apricot trees are in full bloom and beautiful, pink and sweet smelling.  Nancy house-cleaned the downstairs bedroom."

I thought all the apricot trees were cut down long before 1993.  I don't remember helping pick up any around that time, ever actually.  Maybe at this point they weren't producing much fruit.  I am drawing a total blank.  I do think I need to plant an apricot tree on our property though. 

Not sure how this photo is remotely relevant, but I like it.

2 comments:

  1. I think these apricot trees must have been in that space north of the Honda house. I don't know if they were even producing anything while you were around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember being very little and smelling the apricots from the tree right outside the back door but that's all I recall. Can't believe I didn't get tasked with picking some up at one time or another. I guess I was too little then they were producing and then by the time I was old enough to be of decent help they were done.

      Delete