Sunday, September 9, 2012

Laurel Centennial


"June 11, 1993:  Marjorie, Nick and Valerie visited awhile this evening.
June 12, 1993:  Nancy came at noon.  She had been at Laurel since yesterday p.m. for the centennial.  She stayed with Karen Young last night.  We visited at John and Helen's in evening.
June 13, 1993:  Played Rummicube at Greta's in p.m."

I don't have a lot of memories about Laurel itself.  I remember both the places Nancy and Jim lived outside of town but that's different.  I do have a vague memory of being at the insurance office with Nancy once.  It was a sunny day.  I am going to go out on a limb and say the front window faced south.  That's all I have.

Here's a photo of Nancy dreaming of insurance and a centennial celebration or two in her future.



No comments:

Post a Comment