Friday, September 21, 2012

Ice!


"September 6, 1993:  Nancy back from Wisconsin about 6:30 -- left at 8:00 for Lincoln.
September 8, 1993:  Johanna's funeral in p.m. -- ELCA meeting after the funeral lunch.
September 10, 1993:  Pinochle at Ida F.'s.
September 13, 1993:  TOPS -- Dianne J. joined.  Ice on bird bath this morning."

Ice on the bird bath?!  Glad we aren't having that kind of a September here in 2012.

And I hadn't thought of it, but Mom is right in her comment from yesterday -- that recent photo of Dorothy Jo does put me in mind of Johanna.  I don't know why I didn't notice it myself.

Here's Grandpa and the bird bath and a bucket of bird "feed", probably.  I think I see the bird bath heater in there, so no more ice that year.  Wonder if that is melted ice floating on the top; maybe the heater was brand new and that's why the photo was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment