Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Well!

 

September 10, 1931 - Today's hot and windy again. Harry went to sleep this afternoon, and I let him sleep.  I wrote letters to Bernice O., Walter, Ervin and Mildred Andersen.  I got a letter from Mildred today.
September 11, 1931 - Annie, Ola, Annabelle, Ray and Mom all came after me tonite.  Everything was messed up when they came but Annie said it looked just like school always did.  We all had watermelon up home when we got there.  Mother, Ray and I played pinochle this evening.
September 12, 1931 - I got my permanent this morning.  Mother and Ray washed this morning and I ironed my dresses this afternoon.  Ray and I went to the dance at Hoskins tonite and we both had a real good time.  Helen Hanson told me something she'd heard about R.K. and I, which makes me gladder than ever that we broke up.

Well No. 1:  It sure didn't take Harry long to become teacher's pet.  One comment about liking her and now he gets to sleep during school.  What a player.

Well No. 2:  Rumors!!  Not nice.

Well No. 3:  I think that it's " . . . told me something she'd heard about R.K. and me . . ." but I'll give Grandma a pass.

Nice watermelon photo, don't you think, Mom?

2 comments:

  1. I've always said watermelon looks good - just doesn't taste good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, okay . . . that's true. :-)

    ReplyDelete