Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Totally lost

 

September 13, 1931 - I slept late this morning.  Ray and I went out to Annie's a few minutes this noon.  I asked her about some school stuff.  Aunt Nan came today.  We went down to see her just before we left for Hoskins.  Roxie and Peggie came with us.  All except Mr. Walker went to church tonite.  Herbert Behmer's came over this evening.  Mr. Walker got back from Chicago last nite.
September 14, 1931 - Back to school again.  This is the beginning of my third week as a teacher.  The folks here liked my permanent.  I can hardly get used to Mildred with her new glasses.  Mike is going to be gone this week. He's visiting in Madison.
September 15, 1931 - We are having tomorrow off to go to the fair.  Today is Mr. Brown's funeral.  We had a pretty good rain this afternoon.  I got a letter from Walter.  Mother and Ray came after me this evening.  We played pinochle and pinochle rummy before we went to bed.

I think I count seven names of people I am not at all familiar with.  But that's fine.  I'm good with it.

And speaking of schools . . .

1 comment:

  1. I think Mom stayed with the Walker's during the week. Roxie Francis was a friend of Grandma and Peggy was her daughter. Grover and Roxie Francis had a cafe and I am pretty sure Grandma worked there for a while.

    ReplyDelete