Friday, January 31, 2014

Brothers!!


October 10, 1931 - I got up about 10:30 this morning.  I straightened up the house and washed my silk things.  I started to walk out to Annie's this afternoon, but got a ride to the east corner.  Ray and I wanted to go to the dance at Hoskins tonite, but Mother said we'd better stay home.  Emelia, Art, Dora and Hans Ruschman came back from Rochester today.
October 11, 1931 - I helped Mother with the work this morning.  The baby surely is sweet.  He's so big and so long.  Annie had quite a bit of company today.  There was a free dance in Hoskins tonite. Mother said we could go if I got to Walker's by eleven o'clock.  But Ray didn't want to go, so I was in bed by 9 o'clock!
October 12, 1931 - It rained all day today.  Mr. Walker took me to school this morning.  I went to bed early this evening.  Our new geographies finally came today.  They surely are nice.

Somehow I can kinda see Uncle Ray and Grandma in my mind disagreeing about going to a dance.  I might have it all wrong, but I do have a mental picture.




No comments:

Post a Comment