Friday, January 10, 2014

Letters



September 16, 1931 - Mother and I went down to see Aunt Nan this morning.  I slept pretty nearly all afternoon.  Aunt Nan came along with Ray tonite when he brought me back.  Mother was coming along too, but Mrs. Wolfe and Norma came just before we started to get ready.
September 17, 1931 - Kids were all good today after their short vacation.  Got letters from Loretta and Ervin today.  I got a big kick out of Ervin's letter.  Mrs. Walker, Bud, Evelyn, Mildred & Lydia Wittler went to the Madison Fair this afternoon and will be gone until tomorrow afternoon.  So Mr. Walker and I are baching.  It's raining.  I hope it keeps it up the rest of the nite.
September 18, 1931 - It wasn't raining this morning but started in the middle of the forenoon.  I didn't expect Ray to come after me tonite but he did anyway.  I was going to choir practice tonite but it was so rainy and when I talked to Florence she said she wasn't going so I stayed home.  Mother, Ray and I played pinochle.  

I am doing this post from my iPad.  If I log on from my tower, I get an error message.  I may have to bring in the resident expert to figure out what is wrong.  I did a scan with my virus protection, but it didn't find anything. So, in the meantime I will have to go low and slow with this touch, one-finger keyboard.

I, like Anna, sure wish people wrote more letters nowadays. There is just something extra special in getting a letter that is better than getting an email.



No comments:

Post a Comment