Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Question answered


September 22, 1931 - I worked on my lessons this evening.  I washed my hair after I got home from school this evening.  I got a letter from Mrs. Smith today.
September 23, 1931 - Evelyn fingerwaved my hair for me this evening.  I went into town tonite with the kids.  I went to Mr. Templin's and ordered some school supplies.  I saw the play the League is going to give and it's real good.
September 24, 1931 - I fussed around today like an old hen trying to find drawing work for those pupils.  I'm glad I've only got eight and not 28.  It rained all day today.

Pretty normal stuff here.  Mom found out the answer to my question about the difference between a Marcel and fingerwaving.  If my poor memory suffices, she asked ladies at the retirement villa and they said a Marcel is a permanent and fingerwaving is a way to fix your hair, probably easiest to do after having a Marcel.  And since it is early for me to be doing this, I am hoping Marcel is correct.  I didn't look back to be sure.

The photo isn't of a hen -- my first thought for this post -- but instead my favorite boy turkeys that entertained me so much last year.

2 comments:

  1. Keeping pupils busy can be trying. I have 4 in one class and 15 in another. And, I only have Tue and Thur class. (May a sentence be started with And??).

    ReplyDelete