Monday, January 20, 2014

I'm back!


September 19, 1931 - I went down town this morning with Mother.  I got a new hat and ordered a new raincoat.  Ray and I went to Wayne to the Fair this afternoon.  I found Louise E. and Ester M. and spent the afternoon with them.  We were all in the grandstand together for the performances this evening.  After that Ray and I found Florence and Edwin.  Ray and I got home at 11:30.
September 20, 1931 - We went to church this morning.  Edwin was at our place when we came home.  Ray, Florence and I went with him to McLeon to see Bernice.  Meta, Lyle, Clifford, Marie, Orville, Hans and Lillie were there, too.  Coming home we went over the worst roads we could find.  Uncle Hans came home form Rochester today.  Edwin and Uncle Hans brought me here this evening.
September 21, 1931 - I was tired tonite and went to bed quite early. The kids went to play practice tonite.  The league is giving a short play and program at the church next Sunday night and that's what they're getting ready for.

He tried to dissuade me from my view, but I told John, my dear hubby, that it would take him minutes to fix my blog problem and I was correct.  I am not super computer-stupid, but finding problems and solving them on here are definitely NOT my forte.  So, I'm back, up and running.  Now, once I turn this off tonight, I may have to engage his help again if I get the same problem, but I will know it is a quick fix and summon him directly.

Some of us will remember that Grandma said she never liked buying hats because she didn't like looking at herself long enough in a mirror to select one.  Or something to that effect.  I found that somewhat sad, but since then I have been known to go to work with stuff on my face because I rarely look at myself in a mirror either, so it's not sad, just un-vain.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I set about to find a photo with Grandma wearing a hat.  This is the closest I came.

And where or what is McLeon?




1 comment:

  1. I think it is supposed to be McLean. That's a town in northern Pierce County.
    Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete