Monday, January 20, 2014

Now what's this??


September 25, 1931 - It didn't rain today but it was cloudy and cold.  Ray came after me after school. We went out to Ed Schellenberg's to the barn dance tonite.  It was just a neighborhood affair.  I went home with K.C.!!!  We were with Mayme and Loyd.  In all the excitement I forgot my hat at Schellenberg's.  Martha came home today.
September 26, 1931 - I went down town this morning and got my raincoat.  I also had Dr. McIntyre show me how to examine my pupils.  Mother helped me wash out my clothes today.  Ray and I went to the dance at Hoskins tonite and had a real good time.
September 27, 1931 - There was no church this morning.  I studied part of the day and also slept. This evening Mother and I went to the program at the Evangelical Church in Hoskins.  Ray took us but didn't go in because he didn't feel good.  We stopped at the farm and I got my hat.

This K.C. character rated three exclamation points.  Any guesses from anyone as to who Grandma is talking about?

Funny about the hat.  That's absolutely something I would do.

John and Mom and I went out to Aces Haus, a local restaurant with German fare, tonight for my birthday. We had a very nice time and the food was 'delish'.  Mom gave me a cookbook that has some yummy recipes inside, I must say.  Now, just to convince John that something cooked from a recipe can be as good as his "dump" cooking.

I don't have a birthday photo scanned and ready to use, so here is one that was developed in 1963, which likely means that I had had a birthday by the time this was taken.  Close enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment