Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Getting ready for school

 

August 23, 1931 - I went out to Annie's this afternoon and we went through her school work and I picked out what I wanted.  This evening I went up to Oman's to see Mother.
August 24, 1931 - Mother came home this noon about 10:30 and it seemed wonderful.  I felt like doing something then.  I started getting some of my school clothes ready today.  We went up to Hazel Prince's awhile this evening.
August 25, 1931 - Mother and I worked on my dresses today.

I looked in the Winside history book for an Oman, but did not find one.  I did find mention of Anna Boyd's husband Jean who, interestingly, was a barber.

Seems like Grandma Anna coming back home was the tonic Grandma needed to get over her break-up with Ralph.  She seems a bit giddy there compared to recent entries.  Moms have a way of doing good without really doing anything in particular.  The photo was taken well before 1931, but they sure look like the Three Musketeers there; all for one and one for all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment