Sunday, December 15, 2013

Done visiting


August 17, 1931 - Right after breakfast we went to Annie and Jimmie's.  We had dinner there and right after dinner went back to Alvina's.  Francis Nielsen came home with us.  We left Andrew's at 1:20 and got home a little before six o'clock.  Ralph came up this evening and Ray went to Hoskins with him and watched them play Indian baseball.  I didn't go 'cause Mom said I should stay home.  We talked about the happenings over the weekend when they came back from Hoskins.
August 18, 1931 - We are all pretty tired today.  Grussmother baked white bread and Momma baked coffee cake.  I went down town this afternoon and mailed the three films I took while we were visiting.  I visited with Florence about an hour and then got a reset from Anna Boyd.  To bed early tonite.
August 19, 1931 - I baked 2 apple pies, a cake and made a batch of doughnuts this morning. Mother washed out dresses, etc.  I didn't go down town tonite because I didn't feel peppy enough.

I don't remember Grandma ever making doughnuts.  I bet they were good.

I need to contact the distant Andersen relative to figure out some of these people again.  My brain turns to mush after too much family relationship information since I don't keep up on it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment