Friday, December 27, 2013

Names

 

September 1, 1931 - I can't seem to get the names very straight yet.  I went to league tonite with Evelyn, Mike and Bud.  It was at the home of Raymond Jochens.  I had a real good time.  We played games outside and also in the house.  Mayme called up today and asked how I was getting along.  There's a dance in Hoskins tomorrow nite.  I could go with her if I wanted to.
September 2, 1931 - Well I finally got my reports finished.  I had to make a list of all the books in the library.  Evelyn and Mike went to Norfolk tonite to see Mildred and also to take in the show.  They asked me to go along, but these reports kept me at home.
September 3, 1931 - It isn't half bad to walk to school.  It's been real nice this week.  Ronald Dedlow asked me to go home with him tonite but I said I couldn't.  I had to get the drawing work ready for tomorrow.

Hmmm.  How many books could there have been and how long do these reports take?  Perhaps Grandma was still in a bit of a funk about Ralph.  (Listen to me, a psychologist....)

The walk to school was a few miles, I am guessing.  In nice weather, I bet it wasn't bad to walk.  Somewhat like walking around a section, something I hear people liked to do on occasion.

Grandma only had eight names to keep straight, but I am right there with her since I have trouble with such things, too.

I have no particular reason to use this photo of the clematis, other than that I like it very much.

2 comments:

  1. Where was I's first school?? Jim H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her first school District 86. It was north of Hoskins a few miles. Of course there is nothing there now.

      Delete