Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Lots of doin's

 

July 15, 1931 - We did half of the ironing today.  Uncle Hans, Aunt Lena, and Lyle came back from Excelsior Springs today.  They were here this afternoon and for supper.  Aunt Lena's face is getting better.  Uncle Hans was just about eaten up by the "jiggers" while they were down there.
July 16, 1931 - I finished the ironing this morning.  Cut out some blocks for my quilt this afternoon.  We were going out to Pryor's this evening but they weren't going to be home.  So we went out to Ola's.  We came in to the band concert.  Ray is going to help Ola tomorrow so he stayed out there tonite.  We got some material for some dresses for Annabelle that I'm going to make.
July 17, 1931 - It rained last nite.  I went down town this afternoon and saw Marvin T. and some other kids that had been at the Ladies Aid Picnic.  I went out with them.  We played Indian Base Ball.  I won a prize for dropping the most clothes pins in a quart fruit jar.  I went to choir practice from 8 to 9.  Ralph was here and we went to Uncle Hans' for Edwin's birthday.  We had ice cream and cake.  Mom was at Hoyt's today.

Okay, does anyone know what problems Aunt Lena had with her face that required an out-of-state trip?  Gosh, the things I learn, or semi-learn, from these diaries.

Indian Baseball?  I am pretty sure that name would not hold up nowadays, but I wonder what that was. 

Here is a quilt for your viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment