Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Walking around


"December 18, 2001:  Mary took me to the hair dresser in a.m.  Nancy came in evening.  I showered and then we played Rummikub.
December 19, 2001:  A light skiff of snow last night.  I'm going to walk around the building at least once a day.  This is the third day I've done it (a repeat of my resolution).
December 20, 2001:  Annabelle and Herb visited me in the morning.  They'll be going home the day after Christmas.  Myrtle called in p.m.  I took my walk -- very nice weather."

I do recall Grandma saying she was taking her walks.  I don't know how much she kept up with it, but of course, as she made friends, she was getting out and about visiting them both at Pioneer House and then when some of them went out to eat and such.

Again using a photo I do not know when I will use otherwise, here are Aunt Irene, Mom, Nancy and Tom in August 1954.  Not sure of the handwriting on the back, but I am thinking Aunt Helen's, it says, "This one is the one that Iny looks like Greta or Greta looks like Iny -- whichever you want it !!".  I would have to say I agree.

2 comments:

  1. It shall be sad when the journal ends. Jim H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe this is also one of Tom's favorite shirts. It was a red nylon as I recall and Mom was so glad to have him wear it so she could keep track of him while sightseeing on our trip to California.

    ReplyDelete