Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Alarm bells again


"January 6, 2002:  Greta called in p.m.  Mary came early and changed dressing.  Nancy came at noon.  We had dinner and then she vacuumed while I showered.  We played some Rummikub.
January 7, 2002:  Fire alarm rang this morning -- down the steps again.  Some clothes in the dryer had caught fire -- a lot of smoke.  When the smoke alarm goes off it automatically sets the bell ringing, calls 9-1-1 and shuts off the elevators.  I took the band-aid off my face -- it had healed nicely.  I called Arlene R. in p.m."

Maybe this was the firemen assist trip down the stairs.  Not that it matters one way or the other.  I notice Grandma was writing something every day; she wasn't doing that in the last journal.  I wonder why.  Maybe with everything all scaled down she was more organized.  Maybe by the time I am nearly 90, I will be organized, too.  It's a goal I am going to shoot for.

For no particular reason, here is Grandma Anna and I on my confirmation day.  I loved that dress.  Also love the Dorothy Hamill haircut!  (And you, too, Grandma Anna . . . )

No comments:

Post a Comment