Monday, February 11, 2013

Normal, normal


"November 21, 2001:  Made two pumpkin pies.  Dale brought lunch and we visited.
November 22, 2001:  Thanksgiving Day.  Nancy and I went to Greta's.  Mary, Mitch and Anna went, too.  Had a grand dinner and a wonderful afternoon.
November 23, 2001:  I called Myrtle today.  Nancy came in evening.  I showered and then we played Rummikub.

I see a developing pattern here of visitors and Rummikub in Grandma's life at this time.  Plus, going to Winside as opposed to a long history of hosting visitors coming to Winside.  But, Grandma adapted and soldiered on; change didn't seem to affect her all that much or else she was good at just going with the flow.

Here in 2013, I am proud to announce that I got my desk cleared out this weekend.  I will not report on how embarrassingly long a chore it was.  But, the point is, I should be up and running with the computer before the weekend so I just might be an every day blogger again soon instead of just a Monday through Friday blogger.  Life is good.

I just have to show off this photo I took of two of the four turkeys that have adopted us and feel comfortable enough to go in the coop and eat all of the guineas' food, darn it.  But, they are handsome beasts in a weird kind of regal way.

No comments:

Post a Comment