Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Neighbors!!!!

"November 9, 2001:  Maintenance men here to work on radiators -- no warm air, just cold.  By evening all okay.  Arlene P. called from York.  They like it there.
November 10, 2001:  Nancy and Lois came at noon with lunch from Popeyes.  They watched Nebraska football game and then state finals of high school volleyball.
November 11, 2001:  Greta came to Lincoln.  Greta, Nancy and I met Mary, Mitch and Anna at Boston Market.  After the meal we went shopping.  I found a light to put under the cupboard above the sink.  We went to see Dale's house -- will be great when finished.  Tom came in late p.m.  About 5:30 a woman came and said the pounding disturbed her when she was working!!!!"

Those four exclamation marks are exactly what Grandma had written down.  I suppose it was a bit of an adjustment to have to worry about disturbing people after having always lived in a house and not multi-unit housing.  There are bound to be some stinkers in any group setting.  Overall, I believe Grandma's experience at The Pioneer House was a positive one.

And Grandma was right.  Dale's house is great even though it nearly killed him, and by extension, Lynn, too.  Here he is with me drinking milk in 1965.  We are reading real estate news and I think Dale has a milk moustache.

Oh, and shame on me....I missed saying something on Grandma's birthday!!  Happy 101st!

No comments:

Post a Comment