Monday, February 25, 2013

Booted out for a spell


"January 3, 2002:  Nancy took me to the dermatologist -- appointment was 8:30.  He removed the wart-like growth from the left side of my face.  Myrtle called in evening.
January 4, 2002:  Maryan C. came and changed the dressing on my face.  About 2:30 or 3:00 the fire alarm went off.  Went down the stairs to the first floor.  Maryan C. helped me.  Could go back to rooms at 4;30.  Several opinions as to where the fire was -- could have been from a short in a door bell.
January 5, 2002:  Mary brought the kids over early.  Mitch and Anna brought balloons to play with so we didn't watch cartoons on TV.  Mary changed dressing on my face."

Grandma talks about Maryan helping her.  I know one time, at least, the firemen helped her.  I think she got a kick out of that.  And who wouldn't, really.

This is Grandma Anna but it doesn't look like her to me based on other photos.  I hope that dress was some dark color other than black -- does anyone know what color it was?

No comments:

Post a Comment