Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Small world


"November 27, 2001:  At noon Mary took me to hair salon.
November 28, 2001:  Nancy came for supper.  While I went to Book Club she did the laundry.  After the meeting I showered -- the we played two games of Rummikub.
November 29, 2001:  Cloudy and cold.  Myrtle called for our regular Thursday visit.  Wayne L. installed the four-foot grab bar in the shower stall.  He said his dad knew Howard, that when his dad delivered feed in Winside he would come and visit Howard.  That must have been the guy we called Randolph Charlie.  Today was Grandma Iversen's birthday."

I picked Wayne to do the work in Grandma's unit -- he did a lot before she even moved in -- because I knew of him from my job.  I had no idea he knew Grandpa.  I knew he was from Randolph, but that was all.  He said his dad went to some kind of club house or man cave when he visited.  I informed him proudly that that was the Honda House.  And to further prove that Lincoln is really just a small town, Wayne and Dale's kids went to school together.

They may be better photos of the Honda House around, but I like this one.  Especially since I am anxious for spring to get here and am enjoying those peonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment