Thursday, February 7, 2013

Lots of 'Cubing going on


"November 15, 2001:  Myrtle called in a.m.  Started reading new book.
November 16, 2001:  Nancy came for supper.  Then my shower and some Rummicube.
November 18, 2001:  Nancy came a little after 12:00.  Went shopping.  Went to Sears to get bathroom rugs.  Saw Kenneth Jaeger.  Had a real nice visit with him.  Ate at the Village Inn -- then home and played a game of Rummicube."

As previously mentioned, Grandma wanted the paint in the bedroom and living room of her new place to match the old place as closely as possible.  I was given free rein to pick the color for the bathroom.  Not that there was much wall space to paint, but I went with a light lavender.  I didn't think I could go wrong with that.  And now I can't remember what color rugs she got for in there.  Oh, well.

I looked just now at Amazon.com to see if it was Grandma or I who was spelling "Rummicube" right.  Turns out neither of us were; she consistently put Rummicub and I thought for sure that should have an "e" at the end, given the way we pronounce it.  In truth, it is Rummikub, so I'll endeavor to be correct from now on.  Interesting to note, but not enough for me to purchase, that there are miniature versions, Attache Rummikub and Travel Rummikub.  Both sound way too little to mess with, but in a pinch I guess all bets would be off.

Speaking of Aunt Myrtle, here's this great photo of (l. to r.) Aunt Margaret, Aunt Myrtle, Little Grandma , Aunt Clara and . . . Aunt Kate?

1 comment:

  1. This IS a great picture. And that is Aunt Kate - Little Grandma's sister and Dora's mother.

    ReplyDelete