Friday, February 15, 2013

This is helping me remember


"December 3, 2001:  Tom and Merilyn here for supper and Rummikub afterwards. 
December 4, 2001:  Mary took me to the hair dresser.  She had a meeting to attend so she had Dale take me home. Tom here in evening and put towel bars in bathroom and other items.
December 5, 2001:  Mailed 10 Christmas cards.  Tom brought chicken supper from Popeyes.  We played Rummikub.  I watched Jeanette McDonald and Nelson Eddy in "Naughty Marietta" and "Rose Marie".  Went to bed at 2:30 a.m."

I have no recollection of when Dale started working in Omaha, but unless there was some fluke and he was in Lincoln the day of Grandma's appointment, I am thinking he was still in Lincoln in late 2001.  Not that it matters in my day-to-day life, but still.

I am afraid that is all the commentary I have for today.  I do have the tower up and running, and the journal is with me, so I will be able to post this weekend and Monday as well -- a day off for me.

Here is a photo of the group.  I wonder if Tom is smiling because he is wearing his favorite shirt.  I thought I heard that said at one time or another.  Note that he is the most smiley of the bunch in this particular picture.  And what is that white thing to the right side?  The front of a car?  That doesn't seem a good spot for a birdbath.

1 comment: