Thursday, September 5, 2013

What!?


January 16, 1931 - I went to the Freshman party with Frances Johnson and Illa Carlson.  Had a pretty fair time.
January 17, 1931 - Went home to Uncle Hans' with Martha this afternoon.  They had a surprise party there for Ralph tonite.  Everybody had a good time.  Ralph took me home.  Ervin R. took Ester Miller home tonite.  R.K. and I were so busy giving a certain person the rag because they said I was crazy, that we went right past Miller's.  We had to turn around at the next corner.  It snowed tonite.  Mom and Ray stayed at Uncle Hans'.  5:15 when I got to bed tonite!
January 18, 1931 - Bad snowstorm today.  I came back to Wayne on the train this afternoon.

Did Grandma's children know that she got to stay out so late while her mother was away?  I bet that would have been handy information for them back in the day.  Just as I would liked to have known that whilst I got scolded for not taking care of my clothes properly, Mom and Nancy draped their clothes over a rocking chair in their room and only put them away when the chair fell backwards from the weight.  Hmmm.  Not that Grandma probably didn't scold them if and when she caught that going on.

I understand the phrase "giving a certain person the rag" given the context, but I am fairly certain I haven't heard that one before.  Not put that way, anyway.

No date, but here is the fearsome threesome looking a bit sassy, especially Grandma Anna.

1 comment:

  1. to Wayne on the train this, copied from the above, it was fun times to ride along side the train west of town and race it. On my bicycle.

    ReplyDelete