Friday, September 27, 2013

Funeral and after

 
March 8, 1931 - It's cold and windy today.  Ray and I went up to Brogren's at about 10:30.  Chris had lots of pretty flowers.  The house was filled.  We rode in Jack Frink's car.  Grussmother and Grussfather were at the church but didn't care to be at the house.  The church was filled.  Lots were standing in the basement.  Ray and Ralph took me back to Wayne tonite.
March 9, 1931 - Got through the day somehow.  I can't get yesterday out of my mind.  Snow is about all gone today and it's just about like spring.  Why couldn't it have been this way yesterday?  Had a headache and went to bed about 8 o'clock.  Mrs. Smith did the supper dishes for me.
March 10, 1931 - Got a letter from Mayme and Walter Nelson today.  Aunt Mildred went to the dance tonite with Glen and Arlowynne.  Uncle Chris didn't feel very good so he stayed home and went to bed.  I stayed up studying until Aunt Mildred came home.  I was just getting ready to crawl in when she came.

That Mrs. Smith was all right in my book; to do the dishes since Grandma was still a bit upset about Chris. 

I invite my dear readers to go back a few posts to see the comments left regarding Tot Chapin.  A bit hard to believe, but maybe not.  The things you learn . . .

On a happier and less weird note, here is Grandma Anna, maybe having a birthday, and with her in the photo is . . . (I am not sure).  I located the photocopied photo of Chris and will post it in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment