Monday, September 23, 2013

So there??


March 2, 1931 - Uncle Chris and Aunt Mildred came home last nite after I'd gone to bed, got their everyday clothes and stayed at Arlowyne's.  Aunt Mildred helped her put away 2 hogs that they butchered.  Uncle Chris was up there for dinner and supper.  So Mrs. Smith and I batched.  They came home about 10:30.  It was snowing a little bit.  Got a letter from Norman Lee.  He wants a date for tomorrow nite, he is going to call up tomorrow nite to see if it's OK with me!!
March 3, 1931 - Snow had all disappeared by noon.  I had a good time at the dance.  Norman asked if I was ever going to give him a date.  I told him I couldn't say for sure!  He took Jane to the dance.  Rather apologized to me because of it.  S.E. wanted a date but I said I couldn't and wouldn't give him one.  So there!
March 3, 1931 - Aunt Mildred went up to Arlowyne's again today.  Aunt Mildred had a sort of party tonite.  She didn't have prizes and we didn't keep track of our scores.  Clarence and Pauline Kilbourne, Glen and Arlowyne, Clarence Allen and ourselves.  Glen and I set Pauline and Uncle Chris about 4 or 5 times.  We felt real spry!

I don't know that I ever heard Grandma say, "so there!".  Too funny.

I just love the house without the added-on porch that Grandma loved to much.  I know it was a good deal for storage and other things, but I will always prefer the house this way.  I am not sure when this was taken, but Grandma is the one on the right holding the dog so it was well before 1931.  There's Dorothea and Ola and Grandma Anna, and Uncle Ray, but I do not know who the other adults are.  Nor the other three kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment