Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Chris Brogren


March 5, 1931 - Went down to Riese's tonite to get my gloves that I left there Sunday.  Had early lunch there.  They went to the basketball tournament and I walked up the hill with them.  Got home in time for supper.  Emmett House came after supper.  Aunt M. and U. Chris went to Wisner tonite.  About 9 o'clock Momma called up and said Chris Brogren had died of pneumonia at 7 o'clock this evening.  It don't seem possible.  I didn't even know he had much more than a bad cold.  Emmett took me home tonite.  Momma had gone up to Uncle Hans' so I stayed home.
March 6, 1931 - Cleaned up the house.  Ralph is helping Ray do Ola's chores, so he was here for breakfast.  Uncle Hans, Aunt Lena, Marie, Clifford, Willie and Mom came in this noon and I got dinner for them.  Mom went back to Uncle Hans'.  Ola is sick in bed up at Uncle Hans'.  He's got a bad cold and the doctor told him he'd better take good care of himself.
March 7, 1931 - Ralph was here for breakfast.  Grussmother, Grussfather, Ray and I went up to Uncle Hans' right after dinner.  We came home about 4 o'clock.  I went out to Annie's with the boys and washed the separator.  We had our supper out there.

If I had read ahead, I would have been ready with a sort-of photo of Chris Brogren -- there is a copy of one in the family history book.  Hopefully I will remember to scan and post another day. 

That Ralph was okay, helping with chores and all.

Since Dorothea and Ola are being mentioned every now and then, I'm using a photo of them with someone else who, obviously, was having his 81st birthday.

As for 2013, I discovered 14 baby guinea fowl that at least two mamas hatched out very recently.  With help I was able to wrangle them and the mamas in to the safety of the coop for the night.  I hope they are all still hale and hardy in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment