Thursday, September 19, 2013

Just normal stuff



February 21, 1931 - Got up at 6:30, went out to Ola's and were on our way to Norfolk at 8 o'clock.  Momma got wallpaper for her room and I got a new dress.  Back to Ola's at 12:00.  Momma went back to Norfolk with George this afternoon.  They left out two rolls of paper.  Jane J. and Barbara C. came to Winside this afternoon.  Barbara wanted to apply for vacancy in H.S.  Took her to some members of the board, we took pictures, and Jane let me show them through the schoolhouse.  They left about 3:00.  I slept rest of afternoon and went to bed at 7 o'clock.
February 22, 1931 - Momma, Ray and I went to church this morning.  After that up to see Grandma Petersen. She didn't care who was there, just wanted to be left alone.  Saw Uncle Pete, I don't think he knew who I was right at first.  Got Alma's Nature Study notebook.  Didn't do much this afternoon. Went to Hoskins tonite with Ralph.  Ray went along.  It was Ralph R.'s chivari dance.  Clara had on her wedding dress, she looked real nice.  Ray only danced the first few dances and then went out in Ola's car.  He didn't feel very good, neither did R.K.  I wore my new dress.
February 23, 1931 - Helen is here!  Hattie called up and asked Helen to come down, she wanted to talk to her, also asked Aunt Mildred to come down.  Uncle Chris and Aunt Mildred took Helen home tonite.  Mrs. Smith and I played cards until about 11 o'clock.

This all seems pretty normal and humdrum, but in a good way.  Have I asked before who this Helen is? 

The photo is of Ola and Dorothea and some kids; I do not recognize them, but will not be surprised if they are people I know. 

2 comments:

  1. Don't you think the two biggest kids might be Mom and Uncle Ray? Guessing the others might be Stahls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered about that; it doesn't look a lot like Grandma but the little guy does kinda look like Uncle Ray. Maybe Nancy can weigh in with an opinion....

    ReplyDelete