Saturday, September 28, 2013

A clue!


March 11, 1931 - Nothing much happened today.  Chapel was just as dull as usual.  Mr. Parke spoke for about half an hour.  Aunt Mildred had a good time at the dance.  Norman took Jane home.  Mrs. Smith and I got into trouble tonite with Aunt Mildred because we call Norman "The Owl."
March 12, 1931 - School was just as dull as usual today.  Walked home and down town with H.H. tonite after "Grammar".  Studied tonite after supper.  Uncle Chris worked tonite.  There was a Freshman party and a Lutheran Club supper tonite but I didn't go to either.
March 13, 1931 - Went up to Wilma's room during the 9 o'clock period.  I gave her a cowboy sucker for her birthday.  Ray came after me after school.  Ralph, Ray, Florence and I went to see Raymond & Alice tonite.  Schellenberg's were up home.  Mrs. S. and Momma said we had to be home at 11:00 for lunch.  We were and they were real surprised.

So, someone named Norman is "the owl" and Mrs. Smith thought so, too.  Poor guy.  I hope he never heard about it.

Grandma had two dull days in a row -- been there, I have.  She must still have been a bit out of sorts to have a party and a supper doin's to go to and opted for neither.

I finally have the photocopied photo scanned of Chris Brogren.  I recalled he was young, I didn't recall he was quite that young.  A shame to be sure.  The photo sure shows a lot of personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment