Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Trip to California

"February 6, 1990:  Mary took Tom and Merilyn to airport at 6:30 a.m. for their trip to Hacienda Heights.  Nancy stayed at Tom's with me."

Alright.  I have no memory of doing this at all.  And I thought it was Aunt Irene who lived in Hacienda Heights, but she was already living in Nebraska again when this was written.  So . . . either I am mixing up where my great aunts and uncles lived in California, or Grandma was mistaken (doubtful), or Hacienda Heights was just the best place to fly in to.  I know Aunt Helen and Uncle John and Uncle Raymond and Aunt Marina were still living in California at that time so certainly Tom and Merilyn got to see them, as well as some of Aunt Helen's kids.  Grandma obviously was at Tom's to house- and cat-sit.  She doesn't mention Grandpa, but I am sure he was holding down the fort at home.

1 comment:

  1. Uncle Raymond lived in Hacienda Heights.
    Aunt Irene lived in Alhambra and Aunt Helen in West Covina.

    ReplyDelete