Saturday, February 18, 2012

Little Old Lady Tour

"May 31 to  June 6, 1990:  Quilted crazy patch quilt #2.  Rose helped me Tuesday p.m.
June 2, 1990:  Ray and Aileen stopped in p.m. for a short time.  They took Mom's sewing machine to Luayne's.  They had attended Synodical Convention in Lincoln from Wed. to Sat."

I believe it is Rose T. that Grandma is talking about.  I hadn't thought about the Old Lady Tour in quite awhile.  I think it was Mom's idea more than Grandma's, but there was a time when I went visiting little old ladies in town.  It was good for me to be more social, I guess, and nice for the ladies to have a new visitor.  I only remember visits with Rose T.  Maybe others were planned but never came to fruition.

Rose was a good friend of Grandma's and a very nice lady.  I remember being a bit shy and unsure about my visits but I liked going to see her.  I remember her house being somewhat dark and full of "old people stuff" -- stuff I would appreciate more now than I did then.  I am sure she had some nice antiques and maybe some handmade items.  But I mainly recall her being friendly and fun and that we probably had cookies.

I have a scanned photo of one of Grandma's quilts that I planned to post today, but it is on another computer that I can't access right now.  So, I put up a photo of my paternal great-great grandmother, Phoebe Wiseman.  There is quite a story to tell about her that I will save for another day.  She surely deserved a little old lady tour visit, but I bet based on the time that she lived, she probably would not have had the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment