Saturday, February 11, 2012

Easter

"April 15, 1990:  Easter dinner guests at Greta's -- Nancy, Bill, Jenny, Jayson, Jayme, Dale, Lynn and Dane, Shirlee, Howard and I.  Helen and John had dinner at Dorothy Jo's but came in p.m. to visit the family.
April 11, 1990:  I had stomach flu, only time I was sick all winter long."

Okay, now Grandma is goofing with us.  Skipping around chronologically for no apparent reason.  Nice to know that her flu was over in time for Easter, however.  I am not sure why I wasn't at Easter that year -- must have been at the in-laws or sick because normally we would have gone.

The picture is from several Easters later.  Anna appears to be attempting to get Grandpa to give up the egg he is hiding in his hand.  Grandma looks amused.  I loved Anna's hair cut that way, but alas, she grew her own opinion and her hair along with it and she hasn't turned back yet.  Which is funny to me because I remember Mom looking at pictures of me when I was little in a similar haircut and telling me how cute it was.  I probably rolled my eyes because girls of a certain age just don't think that short hair is cute at all.  Long hair is where it's at.

No comments:

Post a Comment