Tuesday, February 7, 2012

More quilting

"February 26, 1990:  Arlene R. and Arlene P. put my Sidewalks of New York quilt in the frame at church.  Quilted in p.m.
February 27, 1990:  Quilted in p.m.
Weather in February was very mild -- too little moisture."

Well, Grandma doesn't give me much to build on here.  I tried to find a photo of the Sidewalks of New York pattern, but could not.  It apparently is much like Trip Around the World, but there are many, many variations of that one.  I didn't find this quilt on Grandma's list of quilts and she does say "my" Sidewalks of New York, so perhaps she kept that one.  And maybe I can find out where it got to and take a picture of the actual quilt.

Speaking of taking pictures, I will need to find some examples to share in the future, but I must say picture taking was not Grandma's strongest talent.  She is taking a picture of Jayme here and I am pretty sure I saw the photos she took -- I think Jayme is visible from the nose up, everything else is blanket.  Grandma also had a habit of cutting peoples' heads off in pictures, so she swung to both extremes.  Quilts, she managed to photograph pretty well, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment